Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Letters of Intent

Dear Ben's Pediatrician,
I understand that you are very pro-vaccination. And you understand that I am wary of them and how many are given at a time. We have been around this a few times. I will vaccinate but I want to spread them out. Why do you always resort to scare tactics? Mentioning mortality and hospitalization. Use grown up words please and if you want to try to change my mind talk about why we vaccinate. I am aware of the seriousness of some of these illnesses. I am also becoming more aware of the chemicals used to make them. Why don't you ever mention that?
See you in another few months!
-irritated mommy

* * * * * * *

Dear ultrasound tech-
You must not have children. Or if you do they were infants a VERY long time ago. Why on earth do you think I can hold an 11 week old child still? And how does snapping at me and getting mad at me help anyone at all? I know you need to do your job but honestly, people skills are something you need to work on!
And although Owen loved the stickers you gave him at the end for being a good big brother they do not make up for snapping at me during the appointment!
-irritated mommy

* * * * * * * *

Dear Jon,
I realized this week how ver greatful I am to have been able to stay home these past four years. I always knew it was what I wanted but watching Madeline go to preschool yesterday made me even more greatful. I know it is a decision we made together that one of us needed to be home to raise our kids. Thank you for being the one to go to work every day.
love,
Melinda




Visit Foursons for more Letters of Intent

4 comments:

Foursons said...

Wow, your pediatrician sounds a bit harsh. Does he think you won't follow through w/the vaccinations? Maybe some people say they will come back and then never do.

Good bedside manner needs to be a semester long class required for all people in the medical field. I am sick of being treated poorly by unhappy doctors and nurses.


I too am so grateful to my husband for allowing me to stay home with my children for their entire early years. My youngest started Kinder last week and I am so thankful for the years I spent w/my boys at home.

Thanks for linking up!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Our pediatrician, who was a Christian and a fellow home school parent, was a bit more laid back about such things. But he did tell me once that he loved the way I came *rushing* in every time we had a crisis and he never saw us in between! LOL!

The ultrasound tech sounds like a jerk! Maybe s/he was having a bad day. Not an excuse but I'm just hoping s/he doesn't mistreat all patients!

Staying home is indeed a blessing! I recently returned to work after 20 years at home. I miss those days!

Beth

Unknown said...

Mine gave me H*** when I refuse the varicella vaccine for my 1 year old... He told me how she could die and blah blah blah. She can die from a lot of things...
Thanks for linking up at Home Grown Families Friday Blog Hop! We're following you now!
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I understand on the ped ours is the same way. Shots need to spread out.

I stay at home with our daughter and love it. Your kids will thank you for it one day.